Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Making a choice


So I was talking with one of my friends, just talking about life and all aspects of it and trying to really just she and I get on the same wavelength, so I could be of some assistance, if I could have been. The question of, what I wanted to be viewed as by my fellow classmates, came up. And so I explained to her, that there’s a concept that, I don’t want to be an icon but that I want to be an idea. I want to represent an idea. I want to represent possibilities. Its almost like I want to represent magic, right, that your in a universe and 2 + 2 = 4. However, 2 + 2 only = 4, if you accept that 2 + 2 = 4. 2 + 2 is going be what I want it to be. And that there is almost like a redemptive power that making a choice has, you know, rather than feeling like you’re at effect to all the things that are happening. Make a choice, like you just decide, what it’s going to be, who you’re going to be, and how you’re going to do it. Just decide and then from that point the universe is going to get out of your way. Its almost like water, it wants to move and go around stuff. So for me, I want to represent possibilities, I want to represent the idea that you really can make what you want. One of my favorite books, is the alchemist by Paulo Chuelo and that’s just stuff that I strongly believe in. I believe I can create whatever I want to create. If I put my mind on it correctly, study it, learn the patterns…and you know I just…its…its hard to put into words real meta-physical-esoteric nonsense. But I feel very strongly that we are who we choose to be.
It’s like I consider myself an alchemist. An alchemist is basically a mystical chemist. And one of the great feats’ that alchemist’s used to do was take led. Just take like a chunk of led, and they could turn led into gold. Right? So the symbolism. But I’m so connected to symbolically being able to turn led into gold, you know? A lot of people used to tell me life gives you lemons, you go ahead and make lemonade. To me that’s alchemy, it’s the same concept behind the alchemist.
The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is…I am not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will run and I will not be outworked. Period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, and you might be all of those things better than me, in 9 categories. But if we get on the treadmill together, right, there’s two things: your getting off first, or I’m going to die. It’s really that simple. So lets say people start to block me out. There’s going to be two options. I’m going to get back in or I’m going to be dead. It’s like your just simply not going to outwork me. It’s such a simple basic concept: it’s the guy who is willing to hustle the most that is going be the guy who gains the most benefit. Then again, this is all what I believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment